Call the 24-Hour Poison Help Line for Additional Support:
- Wear light-colored shirts and pants.
- Use insect repellents. See our insect repellent page for safe usage tips!
- Do not swat at stinging insects and leave nests alone.
- Avoid using scented soaps, perfumes, lotions or hair sprays.
- Do not walk around barefoot.
- Pour sodas and other drinks into cups. Most stings in the mouth come from a wasp or bee that crawled inside a can. Drinking from a cup will allow you to see the wasp or bee.
- Don’t leave food containers open.
- Wear a hat and gloves while working among flowers and fruit trees.
- If you are known to have allergic reactions, keep an EpiPen® on hand and know how to use it.