Household Products & Personal Care
Call the 24-Hour Poison Help Line for Additional Support:
Poison Prevention Tips
- Check the labels to make sure you have the right product.
- Read and follow all directions and safety warnings.
- Wear protective gear when recommended. Many household or cleaning products can burn the skin, eyes and throat.
- Do not mix cleaning products, and be careful about cleaning with different products back-to-back. Mixing products may produce toxic gasses.
- Keep cleaners, household chemicals and other personal care products in their original containers. Do not reuse empty household containers.
- Store all household products up, away from and out of sight of children. To avoid a mix up, store these away from food and beverages.
If someone accidentally ingests household cleaners or personal care products:
- Do not induce vomiting.
- Do not give syrup of ipecac or anything by mouth.
- Call the Poison Help line immediately at 1-800-222-1222.