America’s Poison Centers Member
The Kansas Poison Center is an accredited member of America’s Poison Centers.
America's Poison Centers represents 55 poison centers across the country. Through the national Poison Help line, 1-800-222-1222, poison centers provide all Americans expert advice from nationally accredited medical specialists and maintain the nation's only near real-time poisoning data surveillance system. Together, America's Poison Centers ensure a national quality standard for the detection, prevention and treatment of poison-related health emergencies.
America's Poison Centers:
- Provides accreditation for the nation's 55 poison centers.
- Certifies poison center staff and provides continuing education opportunities.
- Works with Congress and federal agencies to drive statutory, regulatory and voluntary standards changes to positively impact public health and safety.
- Conducts toxicosurveillance in collaboration with federal agencies.
- Owns and maintains the National Poison Data System
- Produces annual reports on poison data and provides custom data reports from NPDS.
- Oversees national partnerships related to poison prevention education.
- Co-hosts the North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology, the leading national eventon toxicology issues and topics.
- Partners with the American Academy of Clinical Toxicology and European Association of Poisons Centres and Clinical Toxicologists to issue the associations’ official journal: Clinical Toxicology.
For additional information please visit AAPCC.org/About.